Evening bookings can be arranged (including hire of the Museum and Gallery). Please contact for further information.
• Room hire is normally available from 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday (if access is required prior to 10am, it must be made by prior arrangement and with access at a fixed agreed time).
• Bookings for out of hours or weekends may be possible by agreement with the Centre Manager.
• Provisional bookings must be confirmed by the hirer within 14 days.
• An invoice will be raised after the booking; payment terms are 30 days.
• No refund will be given on cancellation of less than 14 days’ notice.
• An over-run penalty of £20.00 per hour or part thereof will be invoiced to hirers, subject to our discretion.
• We reserve the right to alter charges without notice. Please check prices at the time of booking.
Please tick the box at the end of the page to acknowledge you have read and understand these guidelines. You will be asked to sign a printed copy of this form on arrival.
These notes are intended to assist your use of the Centre facilities.
Please note it is the responsibility of the Nominated Safety Officer to ensure the safety of the group during their time at the Centre but if you have any queries, please check with the Office Manager on 023 8028 3444 or email [email protected]
Please make your group aware that the building is open to the public and they should not leave bags etc. unattended.
H&S INCLUDING FIRE REGULATIONS:
The Nominated Safety Officer is responsible for:
* Creating a register of everyone in the group for use in the event of a fire.
* Making sure that all equipment is PAT tested (if not hired from the Centre) and that no flexes are left trailing.
* Issuing instructions about evacuation routes in the event of the fire alarm being activated at the beginning of the talk/meeting/workshop etc.
* Making sure that no fire doors are wedged open and that exits are kept clear of obstructions. This includes making sure that the Refuge Point is kept clear at the top of the stairs and that all fire extinguishers are easily seen and accessible.
* Evacuating the group in the event of the fire alarm being activated and liaising with Centre staff.
OUT OF HOURS:
* The Centre Key Holder will be responsible for the security of the building but please make sure that when coming in and out of the back door that it is always firmly shut behind you.
* Before vacating the premises, please inform the member of staff on duty to let them know you are leaving.
* Please note that some fire exits are locked (the Shop and Cafe entrance/exits) and instruct the group accordingly. The Centre Key Holder will be responsible for liaising with the Safety Officer over the evacuation of the building in the event of the fire alarm being activated.
* If your group would prefer to make their own tea and coffee etc, crockery and electric pump pots can be made available for use in the room. Please make sure that no leads or flexes are left trailing.
In the event of the Nominated Safety Officer being unavailable on the day, another nominated Officer must be selected who will need to countersign this document.
This person will be responsible for evacuating the group during any emergency. You must read the attached Safety Officer Guidelines.
ABOUT THE NEW FOREST HERITAGE CENTRE:
The New Forest Heritage Centre is a museum, reference library and art gallery conveniently located in Lyndhurst. The New Forest Heritage Centre aims to inspire its visitors to celebrate and conserve the New Forest. It does this by collecting, conserving and interpreting its collections and by providing educational activities and information to a broad range of audiences. In doing so, it acts in ways that are ethical, ecologically sensitive and intellectually accessible and affordable. It is owned and run by the New Forest Ninth Centenary Trust (reg. charity no: 279373).
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT:
For room hire purposes we collect your name, telephone number, email address and postal address.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR DATA AND HOW WE USE IT:
To enable fulfilment of our contract with you. We will not use this data for any other reason such as marketing.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA:
From the information you provide on your booking form.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA:
For seven years in line with HMRC financial regulations.
DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
We do not share your data with third parties outside the New Forest Heritage Centre.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE COMPLAINT ABOUT HOW WE HANDLE YOUR DATA:
If you have any problems with how we use your data, please contact us. Alternatively you can find more information about data protection regulations and how to make a formal complaint from the Information Commissioners Office at ico.org.uk
For further information please read the privacy statement on our website.